The idea behind the Mother of Humanity® monument is to remind us of a mother’s loving kindness by inspiring, informing, and uplifting mothers, women, and children. The Mother of Humanity® monument seeks to accomplish this by advancing seven principles that are represented in her design.
These principles are:
- Promote peace, speak truth, and guide with righteousness as symbolized by the feather in her right hand.
- Acknowledge sovereign and natural resources of all mothers and of the mother continent Africa as symbolized by her bared right breast.
- Promote a reverence and respect for Mother Africa, the cradle of civilization, symbolized by the outline of the continent of Africa that is contained within the shape of the Mother of Humanity® Monument.
- Work towards a higher consciousness and inner vision as symbolized by the dot on her forehead which represents the pineal gland, often called the “third eye”.
- Welcome the human family and all sentient beings, with a mother’s compassion and understanding as symbolized by her open left hand.
- Have the heart and the courage to take strong, righteous, and fearless action as symbolized by her left foot stepping forward.
- Work to heal through charitable activities for women, children, and elders in Africa, America, Australia, Brazil, China, India, Spain, and around the world.
The Mother of Humanity® name, images, and related indicia are registered trademarks of Nijart International, LLC. All rights reserved.